In simple terms, machine vision systems use machines to replace naked eyes to detect and judge. Machine vision is to use a charge-coupled device camera to convert what needs to be detected into an image signal, transmit it to the machine vision system for processing, and convert it into a digital signal according to the pixels.
Here is an introduction to the working process of machine vision:
1. First, detect whether the object is approaching or moving to the center of the camera's field of view through the workpiece detector of the machine vision system, and if so, send a trigger pulse signal to the image capture card;
2. The image capture card of the machine vision system sends start pulses to the camera and lighting equipment according to the program and delay preset by the designer, but there are also cameras and lighting equipment that start when the system is initialized.
3. The telecentric lens machine vision system camera stops the current scan and restarts a new frame scan; sometimes the camera needs to be in a waiting state before the start pulse arrives, and the frame scan starts after the start pulse arrives;
4. If the strategy adopted by the machine vision system is the exposure strategy, then before the camera starts a new frame scan, the exposure structure should be opened, and the exposure time should be set through the program or hardware according to actual needs;
5. If the machine vision system adopts the exposure strategy, another start pulse should be used to turn on the lighting equipment, especially keeping the start time match the camera exposure time;
6. After the camera of the machine vision system is exposed, the scanning and output of a frame of image will be officially started;
7. If the output of the camera of the machine vision system is an analog signal, the image capture card will convert the signal received from the camera to digitize it;
8. The image capture card of the machine vision system sends the image signal to the buffer, processor or computer memory for image processing and display;
9. The machine vision system processor or computer processes, analyzes, and recognizes images to obtain measurement results or logical control variables, and then processes them based on these results to control other devices (such as mechanical devices) to complete related actions, perform positioning, and correct movement errors, such as correcting the position of the robotic arm.
Industrialization has entered a new era. Production automation and machine vision have played a finishing touch in industrial automation, providing quality assurance for products produced by people and providing convenience for product testing.
Related Machine Vision Telecentric Lens Products
Related Machine Vision Telecentric Lens Articles